Sunday, March 21, 2010

Flower Tees

Boy do I have some spoiled flower girls. :) So I love the image of our four little adorable nieces getting ready the morning of the wedding wearing matching tees. So I made them some.

First, I made these adorable "no sew fabric flowers" from a tutorial I got from this post over on a great craft blog, Samster Mommy. I followed the instructions pretty much exactly, except adding more tulle! (Can you really ever have too much tulle?) The materials to make all 4 (with lots left over) cost me about $2, and I love how they came out:
Second, I picked up some Old Navy Tee's I snagged on sale for $4 each. I also picked up some rhinestone iron on "flower girl" letters for $1 each at AC Moore. As good as the deal was, I realized quickly why they were so cheap. I basically had to glue each rhinestone individually onto the shirts because the adhesive wasn't sticking. So it took me longer than I thought, but for about $5.50 per shirt, I rather like the result...



No comments: