Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No turning back now!



The moment I have been waiting for has arrived. The three magical words every DIY bride wants to hear. After weeks of research, designing, printing, cuting, gluing, stamping (& of course, bedazzling), the invitations are...wait for it...IN THE MAIL!

I have to say that even though I significantly underestimated the time it took to me to put 80 invitations together from scratch, I loved that I handmade each one. As cheesy as it sounds, as I did my final "quality control check" (as G called it) & placed each one in its envelope, I couldn't help but feel like I was sending something extra to all of our guests. Something you can't buy in a store. And that's what I hope our wedding turns out to be; handmade, and something that couldn't possibly be bought in a store.

On a lighter note: Nothing says "there's no turning back now" than inviting 150 people to watch you get married. (Grin)

No comments: