Friday, July 22, 2011

30 minute nursery lampshade

In the midst of all my unpacking and organizing a new home, I'm also hurrying to finish up Baby G's nursery! (Which is by far way more fun than unpacking!)

I put a low bookcase next to the glider in her room, and I wanted a small lamp on it for things like reading books and seeing those cute baby cheeks. I had an old lamp that has been stored in our basement for the past 2 years which I pulled out and cleaned off. I liked the brushed nickel & sparkly glass base but the white lampshade was looking a little dingy and definitely missing something.
I found a pillow at Marshall's a month or so ago on clearance for $7! I thought it fit perfectly in the room with its little sewn on flowers of lavender felt, and decided that it would make a great "inspiration" for my lamp shade project.
I picked up a stem of little silk lavender flowers at Hobby Lobby for $2.25 and pulled out my little hot glue gun.
I just hot glued the flowers randomly as I wanted around the lampshade. Easy peasy. It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Now we have a much more suitable lamp for our little girl!

I'll post a big reveal of her nursery soon but I still have a few looming projects to finish up! 
I'm going on 37 weeks and counting so I guess I had better hurry up...eeek!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Very cute!! Love the flowers!