Monday, July 13, 2009

Our little garden




If you ask my mom, she will assuredly tell you that I did not inherit the fabulous green thumb of either my parents. My mom creates beautiful flower gardens every year, they are seriously incredible. My dad has a huge vegetable garden every year, and ends up with more tomatoes, cucumbers and pumpkins then he knows what to do with. Me however? I kill house plants. Hearty, impossible-to-kill house plants. But, there may just be hope for me yet!

In April, Greg and I were bored on Sunday afternoon and decided to buy some seeds at the hardware store and try our luck with a little garden. At that point, we weren't sure where we'd end up living, so we just planted them in a little plant tray. When we moved to Manchester, we dug a little spot in the backyard, transplanted our little seedlings, and hoped for the best. As you can see, we didn't do so bad. I "harvested" 27 green beans last Thursday!

No comments: