Thursday, February 25, 2010

Buttons, beads and bows

So all my blog stalking lately has got me inspired to get in touch with my crafty side. And with a wedding in July (basically the only thing on my mind) it was a no brainer. Between G and I we have 4 adorable nieces as our flower girls, and I wanted to give them some jewelry to wear in the wedding. I am mildly obsessed with the JCrew Pearl & Ribbon necklaces and decided to use it as my inspiration. (I saw a grown up version done on a blog last night, but in my sleepy late night state, I can't remember where...)

Anyway, after an attempted-quick-but-turned into not-so-quick stop at the craft store, this is what I came up with...

They were actually pretty easy to make, and at about $3, cheap! And every bride to be can appreciate that. I wanted to personalize each one, and initials were out (they all have names starting with A), so I settled on the name beads, which I loved in the end. The buttons were my craft store "eureka!" moment, but I love how they add a little whimsy. I also like the ribbon tie instead of a clasp...adjustable to a perfect fit, and soft and less scratchy on little ones skin. One down, three more to go!

1 comment:

gwyneth colleen said...

so cute! such a clever girl, you are.