Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Tribute :)

In 2009 Greg and I bought our first home together. Maybe I should say we rescued it. I loved this house the moment I saw it online. It was in desperate need of repair. I begged Greg that we needed it. It needed us! He finally agreed, and we rescued it from despair. We (and my dear mom & step dad) changed just about everything in the house - flooring, paint, fixtures, bathrooms. 
In the end, it was truly ours. And oh, I loved this house.

This was my favorite room in the house. The kitchen. (The furniture is outdated and was not my first choice...but home repairs left little money for furniture upgrades!) Regardless, walking into this room felt like getting a big hug. Not to mention, 7 days after our closing, we hosted Thanksgiving for our families and Greg proposed to me in this very spot.

Yesterday was our closing on this house. After an unexpected (but welcomed) job offer for Greg, we had to move on. So yesterday, we signed it away. But we're onto bigger and better things, and new adventures, and {hopefully soon} new house hunting. I just felt the need to pay a small tribute to the pretty blue house on Surrey Lane that I loved so much.
"It always amazes me to think that every house on every street is full of so many stories; so many triumphs and tragedies, and all we see are yards and driveways." Glenn Close

2 comments:

Amanda said...

OK That made me almost cry. I can totally relate! Your new home will be filled just just as many memories and loved.

michelle said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry, she sure was pretty and that room is amazing! I know that you will find another home to call yours and make new memories in. :) Have fun house hunting! :)

Hugs!