Friday, April 8, 2011

Baby closet dividers

Happy Friday all! First, I wanted to say a big thank you to Rachel at One Pretty Thing and Anne from Craft Gossip for featuring my Baby Jean Jacket tutorial. Thank you ladies for sharing my tutorial! (And if you're stopping by from these links...welcome!)

Today was a rainy, dreary, cleaning house kind of day so there wasn't much time for sewing or crafting. But I DID manage to steal a few minutes today to craft up a quick solution to a disorganized closet...

She is over 4 months from being born, and Baby G is already getting quite a stash in her closet! I decided I needed a way to keep all those itty bitty outfits organized.
Closet organizers are a great way. These can be purchased online...and in stores, I'm sure, although I've never looked for them so I don't really know. Anyway, I didn't really want to spend the money since we wouldn't be using them long...just until she outgrows that size of clothing. (Is it sad that already makes me sniffle a little to think about?)

So I made my own with some supplies that I had on hand, and couple of cheap extras from the craft store.
I used 4 pieces of felt, a package of felt stick on numbers, ribbon I had on hand, and 4 plastic hangers that came with some outfits I had bought.
I snapped the long pieces off of each hanger, and then wrapped the neck in ribbon.
I cut two 4"x8" pieces of each color of felt, and stitched the sides and bottom with a zig-zag stitch.

Then I hot glued the hanger inside of the top opening in the felt, and added a strip of ribbon at the top and added the numbers according to the size.

I made some quick felt rosettes and hot glued them on for a pretty little touch.
It was a super simple project that took about 30 minutes and cost less than $3. 
And now I can keep her adorable wardrobe nice and organized! 

7 comments:

Amanda said...

So much cuter than B's ugly plastic ones! Great job famous :)

Unknown said...

o my gosh! how cute is that?!

magdor said...

What a great idea!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Where were you 4 years ago!!
I love this!!
XO
Kristin

Ginny said...

Great idea-saves having to look through every outfit to find the right size! I might do that for my closet. Winter size, summer size, etc:)

Sam Smith said...

These are some great Closet ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

closet organizing Orlando Custom Made Storage Systems, Organization for Closet, Home, Kitchen, Office and garage, Designing Custom Closets Roseville, Sacramento, and Orlando.