Monday, May 16, 2011

Alexa's LBB Birthday Dress

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great weekend. It was a rainy couple of days here in PA...so G & I got some good relaxing time in. But we also were able to finish up a couple of projects, which will come later this week!

But onto today's post. Today is our niece Alexa's 6th birthday! Last week I posted about her flip flop party favors I made. (Word on the street is that they were a hit with the party guests...woohoo!) Anyway, as her birthday present, I made her a birthday dress!

I made a LBB Sienna dress (quickly becoming my favorite thing to sew!)
The pink & purple sections are cut from 2 clearance t shirts I bought at Walmart for $1.50 each.
They were both womens XXL shirts, and after making this size 6 dress, I had enough left over to make a pint sized mini dress for her American Girl doll. Seriously, how stinkin' cute is a matching doll dress?!
The sleeves are made from a heart knit remnant I bought at Joann's months ago.
I added a "6th Birthday" appliqué on the back.
When I showed the finished product to my husband he said, "Wow, that is one bedazzled dress!"
I guess it does have some serious bling...but what 6 year old doesn't love a little bit ok, a lot of glitter?
(Please let this stand as my public apology to my poor sister in law, who will now forever be cleaning up those sparkles!)

Happy 6th Birthday, sweet girl!

3 comments:

Brittany @ Each Day Gets Better. said...

every 6 year old girl's dream.

Ginny said...

Love this! Especially the detail on the pink top part of the dress. The colors are great. Can't wait to see her in it.

michelle said...

Oh my gosh these are adorable!! You are so creative my friend and I bet that she loved them!! My daughter always loved have matching outfits for her dolls, you did good!