Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Housewarming Wreath

So one of my best friends, A & her husband, M from back in New Hampshire just bought their first home this month. I love them to PIECES so I was beyond happy for them. G & I were in town for a friends wedding last weekend, so I wanted to bring them a little something as a housewarming.

I knew I wanted to make her something, but was unsure of what - until I spotted this post on Michelle's blog over at Emerald Cove. I have been following her blog for a while, & I absolutely adore all of her beachy & creative decor. So I decided to steal, err...borrow...her twiggy wreath idea. I had to, it was a perfect idea!

Here's Michelle's wreath. 
Don't you wish you could reach through your computer screen & snatch one up for your wall? I do.
Hop on over to her blog to see the full post.

Here's what I started with...a grapevine wreath, faux berries, a scrap of burlap, a wooden "S" and a starfish.
M & A live near the beach (I know...this Central PA girl is TOTALLY jealous) so the starfish was the perfect touch.

A little hot glue later (ok, a lot of hot glue)...and we have a wreath!

I wish I had bought enough to make two...because now I want one!
Thanks Michelle for such a great idea!

2 comments:

michelle said...

Danielle that turned out adorable!! I love the 'S', what a great touch!!! They are going to love it!! :)

ginny said...

LOVE IT-Christmas is just around the corner-hint-hint-would love one for my bathroom. Did I mention that I LOVED this? Mom